Awesome Job: Assistant Box Office Manager
Great Location: Tacoma, WA
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
Ticketmaster has an immediate opening for an Assistant Box Office Manager at the Tacoma Dome. The Assistant Box Office Manager may frequently exercise independent judgment and initiative within established policies and practices while also assisting in overall administrative planning, direction and policy implementation within the Box Office. Supervises Box Office staff to ensure the highest quality service program is offered to patrons, promoters and other interested parties. Coordinates all tasks and functions assigned to Box Office operations. Maintains strong working relationship with City of Tacoma Venues and Events (TVE) staff and event promoters.
What the job is:
• Provide a level of customer service to patrons attending and purchasing tickets to events at the Tacoma Dome that reflects the standards of not only the Ticketmaster company but also that of TVE.
• Act as chief liaison for vendors, customer service inquiries and escalated customer service issues.
• Assist with the scheduling of appropriate levels of staff for all events.
• Supervise, evaluate, and develop performance of Box Office staff.
• Provide effective and appropriate progressive discipline measures when necessary.
• Assist with the maintenance of Box Office employee files.
• Assist with interviewing and hiring staff.
• Develop manuals, procedures and correspondence.
• Responsible for the accurate accounting of all daily receipts, daily deposits and all cash transactions in the Box Office.
• Assist with event building/programming and modification on the Ticketmaster systems. Use the Quality Assurance check process to ensure that events are selling accurately and efficiently.
• Coordinate and order money to ensure efficient Box Office operations.
• Responsible for daily reconciliation of all cash drawers which includes the comparison of cash collections against computerized ticketing reports. Reconcile and deposit all Ticketmaster outlet sales. Creates bank deposits.
• Responsible for vault monies and corresponding areas.
• Maintain accurate record of daily balance of cash received, tickets sold and change bank/vault.
• Oversee reconciliation and settlement for all events and Group Sales consignments, including preparation of pertinent reports and backup.
• Prepare and submit a daily report of business transactions.
• Verify and report payroll information for the Box Office.
• Act on behalf of the Box Office Manager with internal and external contacts to resolve problems and respond to policy or procedural questions.
• Act as Box Office Manager, or Manager on Duty, as assigned.
• Process confidential information.
• Create and distribute Box Office sales reports as required.
• Help process internal ticket requests and promoter consignments.
• Assist with the maintenance and update of Box Office files.
• Assume ticket seller, Will Call and telephone operator duties as required.
• Represent the Box Office at weekly management meetings and other meetings as necessary in the absence of the Box Office Manager.
• Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed.
• Experience of two or more years on Ticketmaster systems preferred.
• Two years of Box Office experience and/or related management experience preferred.
• Prior cash handling and/or accounting experience required.
• Strong math aptitude and proven attention to detail.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills. Clear communication in English is required.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Experience in development and coordination of multi-faceted plans and issues.
• Demonstrated sound organizational and personal interface skills.
• Flexible with working nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to handle extended periods of standing, walking, bending and kneeling. Able to lift up to 45 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.