Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
Central Operations a division of Technical Operations is looking for Incident Managers which is the responsible for overseeing the mitigation of high priority incidents as quickly as possible with the goal of minimizing impact to our clients and fans.
The Incident Manager will exercise agile project management techniques for facilitation of technology incidents, coordinating/running bridge calls, and engaging the correct resources to achieve this goal. The best candidates for the role have a strong comprehension of incident response at a technical level, can command a meeting and crisis, work well with other people and have strong verbal and written communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, ability to anticipate obstacles, and decision-making skills to handle the fast-paced world of incidents. When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative team focused on reducing the mean time to resolution for our clients and fans.
What the job is:
- 3-5 years’ work experience in Incident Management
Organize, facilitate, and lead technical teams to work together to resolve major incidents.
- Proactively escalate impacting events, establish and chair bridge calls, engage resolvers, and coordinate the resolution.
- Keep accurate record of incident timelines and supporting artifacts.
- Ensure post-incident activities, such as incident summary reports and reason for outage reports, are managed through to delivery.
- Review of incident data to ensure the completeness and quality of the information collected.
- Clearly and concisely communicate incident details both verbally and written in the form of Incident communications.
- Review of the execution of the incident process to identify opportunities for improvement in the process (missed SLAs, gaps in execution or response)
- Documentation of and revision to existing processes, with the end goal of improving quality of services offered to customers by technology teams.
- Draft communications, assessments, and reports that may be both internal and customer facing, to include leadership and executive management.
- Be a champion for process. Develop, document, and adhere to processes to ensure consistent and scalable response operations
- Ensure all Major Incident Process guidelines are followed and all Service Level Guidelines are met during Major Incidents.
- Act as an escalation point to expedite incident and problem resolution.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be available to assist team after hours if needed, be on call and work nights and weekends as required.
- Experience with Service Management and Incident Management Tools. Experience in Splunk, Grafana, Statuspage.io, Nimbus, Prometheus, Zabbix, Nagios, Rigor, PagerDuty and other Monitoring Tools preferred.
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Foundational understanding of technology, including infrastructure, and business applications (built on infrastructure).
- Able to lead complex technical discussions with developers and engineers, building consensus and creating action plans.
- Strong executive presence and ability to distill complex information into consumable and actionable themes for an executive audience.
- Ability to work, adapt, and lead in high pressure and fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Displays a strong sense of time management and accountability
- Conceptual knowledge of troubleshooting methodologies in IT and network infrastructures (preferred)
- ITIL Foundations certification (preferred)