The Manual Review Fraud Agent is a challenging and rewarding position that performs all required duties involved in fraud detection and loss prevention including, but not limited to, the review of customer transactions, review of fraud claims initiated by customers and/or financial institutions, address verification, use of internal and 3rd party tools, and the review and analysis of information/reports to identify and address all potential credit card fraud, friendly fraud, and other issues that may impact the business in a negative way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete order screening accurately and in a timely manner.
- Identifying valid or fraudulent transactions.
- Contacting customers via telephone to verify purchases. Position does require regular inbound and outbound customer interaction via phone.
- Identify and communicate potential process improvements in the fraud processes as needed.
- Identify fraud patterns and communicate across team and to management.
- Monitoring voicemail, e-mail, messages, and related information for support inquiries.
- Maintain effective working relationships across internal and external departments as necessary.
Skills & Qualities Desired:
- Must be available from 9am-5:30pm or 2:30pm-11pm Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday.
- At least two or more years of full-time work experience, preferably with at least one year of experience in a customer service or call center role.
- Experience in ecommerce, online payments, credit card processing, fraud screening, law enforcement, or online investigations a plus.Other experience may be considered.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, typing ability, and professional telephone manner.
- Must be detailed oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Skilled in the use of MS Office.
- Extremely proactive and naturally inquisitive.
- Ability to understand multiple systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapid changing environment, while managing stress and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must be reliable, punctual, and have outstanding attendance.
- Requires open availability to accommodate a 5 day workweek to include Saturday and/or Sunday and holidays. Note: Shifts may change due to business needs.
Education & Knowledge Desired
High school or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree a plus.