Title: Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Front Gate Tickets, the nation's leading provider of ticketing, operations, RFID, and marketing solutions for music festivals, is looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer to join its growing team at their East Austin location. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who wants to innovate, mentor, and grow in an agile and collaborative team culture. If this sounds like you, read on and apply.
- Develop software in a team environment, from design to deployment
- Participate in and contribute to major design, architecture, and infrastructure decisions
- Serve varied customers, from festival goers to operations staff
- Engender a culture of excellence, from code reviews to shared learning
- Deliver clear and regular communication of progress and obstacles
- Mentor teammates in best-practices, sharing knowledge, and technology tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline is preferred
- 5+ years professional experience delivering working software
- Mastery of common design patterns, data structures, testing, and best-practices
- Communication and leadership architecting API contracts for parallel development efforts
- Solid knowledge of responsive design. Proven track record of cross-platform experience (web, tablet, mobile)
- Experience in optimizing frontend load and latency to delivery highly available systems
Extra Credit For
- Experience in eCommerce and high-volume transactional systems
- Experience with A/B testing and collecting resulting data
- Amazon Web Technologies to include EC2 and S3
- Side projects, public repositories, contribution to open source projects
- Leadership driving the design and implementation of frontend software across an organization
Languages and Technologies
- AngularJS, Local Storage, Grunt/Gulp/Node, Karma/Mocha, Git
- Campsite Mentality – Take ownership over legacy systems. Incrementally improve them over time.
- Good Vibes - Ability to work collaboratively on a team. Assume good intent from your coworkers.
- Level Up – Take ownership over your craft. Improve yourself and share what you have learned.