The DevOps System Admin will be working as part of an Operations and Reliability team focused on partnering with Software Engineering and Product Mgmt teams to ensure alignment on achieving business goals. The DevOps System Admin will consult on and help to implement solutions as part of a Product Delivery team, enabling those teams to deliver software faster by creation of automation and tooling and provide operational support for B2B products. The suite of products that the DevOps System Admin will be working on is heavily focussed on public cloud adoption and migration.
Ticketmaster is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
● Support the full system lifecycle for automation and tools including the design, assessment, selection, commissioning, validation and implementation of systems.
● Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems automation and tooling for software engineering teams to achieve their goals.
● Work closely with peers in software development teams to implement solutions that are scalable, secure and easily maintained
● Provide infrastructure support for B2B products both in the public cloud and on premise
● Develop tools, both command line and web based, that are responsible for maintenance and management functions of development and production systems
● Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
● Implement monitoring and health check scripts.
● Administer and develop cloud management tools (e.g. self-provisioning scripts.)
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
● Excellent knowledge of high level languages such as Ruby, Python or Powershell
● Proven Linux administration experience in a demanding environment
● Previous experience of public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google)
● Significant experience working with CMS at large scale.
● Knowledge and experience of containers (Kubernetes, Docker, LXC etc )
● Knowledge of Jenkins / Rundeck
● Technical writing skills for documenting environments and procedures
● A strong understanding of core network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP etc)
● Ability to deliver technical workshops and presentations
● Experience with troubleshooting large complex environments (1,000+ servers)
● Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
● Experience in a continuous delivery environment
● Solid knowledge of working with third party APIs
● Autonomous and proactive
● Strong attention to detail
● Self motivated, energetic and tenacious
● Able to work as part of a team as well as independently
● Enjoy working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
● Flexible and pragmatic
● Strong organisational skills and time management
● A desire to learn and use a broad range of skills in a highly complex environment
● Excellent analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
● A keen interest in new technologies and open source
● Passionate about automation and tooling
You may have experience in the following roles: Systems Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Software Engineer, Release Engineer, Production Engineer, Software Reliability Engineer.