Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
Ticketmaster’s Technical Operations (TechOps) PMO team is seeking Sr. Program Manager. The TechOps organization is responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure, systems and tools supporting Ticketmaster’s world-class ticketing platform.
As a Sr. Program Manager you will manage multiple large, complex infrastructure programs and/or projects within Ticketmaster’s Technical Operations team and provide mentoring to junior project managers on project management best practices including both waterfall and agile (Scrum and Kanban) frameworks. You will also work with TechOps leaders to develop strategic plans and project roadmaps to visually document the key work efforts we will undertake to move our technology forward. You will work closely with the various TechOps teams (including Systems Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Database Services, Cloud Systems and Infrastructure Development) along with some Software Engineering teams.
What the job is:
- Responsible for definition, planning, execution and closure of programs or large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment across multiple engineering teams
- Work closely with the TechOps Leadership to ensure that project deliverables and timelines are consistent with Ticketmaster’s technology and business priorities
- Identify and resolve changes in program / project scope, schedules and resource requirements
- Proactively identify and communicate risks; work with subject matter experts to develop and implement risk mitigation plans
- Prioritize and track issues and create remediation plans for resolution of impediments in priority order
- Report on project status clearly, consistently and reliably to executive management and team members
- Display consistent use of project management methodologies
- Maintain project documentation in an appropriate project repository for easy access by stakeholders
- Support team members and empowers them so they can complete their activities in timely manner and with quality
- Ensure that change management processes are followed
- Coach/mentor junior project managers on project management and agile best practices
- Help define process improvements and feedback for large, multi-part projects that need creative project management strategies required for timely execution
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- Minimum 5-7 years of project management experience supporting large scale enterprises
- Minimum 1-2 years of program management experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Information Technology / Engineering
- Has an advanced knowledge of program management methodologies; core knowledge of waterfall methodology and SDLC required
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with large-scale, complex, cross discipline technology infrastructure projects, including scope definition, schedule development and management, communications and stakeholder engagement activities
- Demonstrated success in planning and launching new initiatives
- Able to provide guidance to other program and project managers on which processes and tools to apply based on project and stakeholder needs
- Knowledge of server and storage architecture, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning a plus
- Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban) frameworks required; experience transitioning teams from waterfall to Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies preferred
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Executive reporting experience required; able to provide clear and concise verbal and written project status updates at the Senior Leadership Team (C-level) via multiple approaches with limited to no supervisory review
- Able to resolve conflicts and negotiate agreements; able to propose innovative solutions while balancing impacts to scope, schedule and cost
- Proven experience with risk management; can confidently convey risks, issues and blockers and present alongside proposed mitigation or resolution plans
- Able to proactively identify and either eliminate or mitigate program/project dependencies during planning
- Experience managing, training or coaching other project managers
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Experience with transition from private to public cloud infrastructure a plus
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
- Innate capability to create order out of chaos
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with interpersonal and influencing skills (at all levels internally, externally and cross-functionally)
- Establishes and develops relationships and partnerships with internal and external team members
- Detail oriented with strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to manage competing priorities with no supervisory input
- Flexible and responsive to changing situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and focused achieving results
- Desire to work in fast-paced, multi-task, fluid environment capable of reacting instantly to changes in a competitive business environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.