Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in people like you. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help you thrive. At Ticketmaster,you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
Our platform and services enable fans access to tickets and events 24 hours a day, seven days a week in multiple markets. Every large event on-sale is a Black Friday for us. Working at this scale ensures that even the most innovative person will be consistently challenged and pushed to develop new solutions in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team.
As our Principal Architect, your primary responsibility is to ensure that technology objectives are aligned with business goals. You should advocate as appropriate the continued increase of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and intelligent reuse of global assets.
This involves working and negotiating with product delivery teams to design solutions to realize the vision of our platform reference architecture, working flexibly within constraints imposed by budget, feature delivery, and technology maturity.
A Principal Architect is expected to provide guidance and highlight changes required through the development lifecycle. You are expected to stay relevant in technology and be responsible for the direction given at all stages.
You must build a strong network amongst your peers and others. You will be working closely with a variety of engineering, technical operations, PMO and product teams across multiple global locations. You will be contributing towards the wider Enterprise Architecture initiatives to add lightweight standardization of architecture across the organization.
It is expected that you will be the first role hired into an Enterprise Architecture position within our North American technology organization, and as such will be expected to grow our organization and act as a line manager as is required. As a global company, regular international travel is expected.
- To own as part of Enterprise Architecture the technology strategy across all domains. Including being responsible for tracking best reuse of technology at a global level. This involves contributing towards the vision, our platform reference architecture – and advocating with others for its adoption.
- Connect the work on the ground to the articulation of the strategy at the top of the organization, supporting both engineering teams and executives – adding context to both.
- Assess and dissect large projects and business initiatives before detailed designs are created.
- Author technical articles or white papers based on experience to advocate our use of technology and skills.
- Understand the details behind solutions and effectively communicate to stakeholders and third parties. Ensure that we use a common vocabulary to articulate problems and solutions.
- Directly or indirectly assist the business in understanding technology risks and present possible solutions for risk mitigation.
- Guide software engineering teams to make sensible technology choices, with an aim to maximize standardization.
- Lead technical diligence for acquisitions and potential partners as appropriate.
- Stay current in the technology landscape. You will be expected to have a wide range of understanding of technologies, and to act as a mentor to others.
- You favor simplicity over sophistication and work to ensure that others can execute solution designs effectively.
- Work with software architecture and engineering leads to understand their platforms making sure they are correctly represented within the Enterprise Architecture group.
- Evangelize the overall vision and technical choices making sure engineering groups feel part of the whole picture and relate their work to our long term strategic goals.
- You are expected to work collaboratively with software architecture and engineering teams to deliver solutions, and with non-technical colleagues to ensure that we as an organization deliver globally to best of our abilities.
- Seasoned senior technology professional with practical software development experience.
- Self-starter with strong collaborative skills. Must be able to be self-sufficient whilst being line managed from another timezone.
- Professional presence and effective communicator. Able to share and communicate ideas clearly both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences including executive staff/business sponsors.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills. Experience presenting to large audiences and at technical conferences desirable.
- A degree in a software or related engineering discipline.
- Must have progressive experience within multiple companies as an engineer, lead and architect (desirable).
- Must have a solid grounding in the process of software development, and has a strong opinion on the modern application of agile/scrum based processes as well as the role of architecture within those.
- You are not fazed by learning new things and are excited to take a challenge (technical or otherwise) head-on.
- You are assertive but collaborative, you are diligent but passionate.
- You will likely ask the question others tend not to (even if it’s because the answer may be considered obvious).
- Experience of development in either Java/JVM or .NET on high volume transactional systems.
- Experience on multiple hardware and software platforms, comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems.
- Must have a good understanding of RESTful services, SOAP, JMS and other API / messaging standards.
- Should have worked with a range of database technologies including but (not limited to); Relational databases (such as SQL server, MySQL), document databases and object stores.
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture and an understanding of Event Driven Architecture and Domain Driven Design and their practical application to enterprise software.
- Knowledge of Standard Design and Enterprise Integration Patterns, and the value of standardized documentation.
- Experience in modern methods of application deployment, monitoring & management.
- A good understanding of with Agile Development Methodologies, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. It is a benefit if you have experience of applying these to ‘legacy’ technology.