Awesome Job: Client Development Director - TicketWeb
Great Location: San Francisco or New York
Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
The Ticketweb Team:
A career at TicketWeb will challenge and engage you. TicketWeb is the division of Ticketmaster focused on independent clubs, venues and promoters. We provide self-service event management tools that connect fans with our clients. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
The Client Development Director will focus exclusively on the contract renewals of a current roster of client, meeting the ticketing needs of the client base and generating new ticket sales through the signing of new clients. The CDD is responsible for managing, supporting, and servicing the account related needs of an assigned set of clients in the small venue, general admission ticketing space. The client profile is independent promoters and clubs.
What the job is:
- Responsible for retention of all clients within assigned portfolio, ensuring maximum margin levels through the renewal engagement
- Generate new ticket sales through the signing of new promoters and independent clubs
- Continue to communicate TicketWeb’s capabilities, services, and relevant offerings for our clients
- Comprehensively collaborate with a cross-functional team, providing distinct support functions to clients, ultimately maximizing client satisfaction scores
- Identify new account opportunities, directing the customer acquisition process against a set of annual sales goals
- Proactively conduct strategic account reviews with all assigned clients on a regular basis to review service needs and sales trends.
- Identify products and pricing that meet client needs and business objectives
- Retain accounts through the development of strong relationships with key decision makers and users within an organization
- Proactively develop relationships with key system and product users and provide product team with client feedback on product improvements
- Assist in the identification of opportunities for new products and for enhancement and development of existing products
- Address client concerns and ensure the resolution of issues in a timely manner, with follow-up when appropriate
- Deliver ongoing market analysis and assessment of competitors and market intelligence with a focus on the future and value creation
- Ensure clients are proficient in using TicketWeb’s products and services by identifying user needs and coordinating training and consultative services
- Maintain company’s contact management database (Salesforce) with accurate, up-to-date contact and activity details
- Monitor and report on the activities of competitors and potential collaborators and identify business opportunities and threats
- Provide product responses and reviews of RFPs
- Direct and collaborate on the development of an account management blueprint, ensuring maximization of revenue and renewals within our client base
- Develop, share, and implement best practices for assigned market segments
- Forecast clients’ ticket/revenue contribution to the segment’s annual business plan by developing client level business plans, including account strategy, profitability analysis, and program projections
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing or related field (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the live entertainment industry with a strong focus on account management and account development
- Ability to perform successfully within a fast-paced, results-driven, dynamic and highly collaborative and changing work environment
- Ability to build rapport and maintain ongoing relationships with a wide variety of people inside and outside sphere of influence
- Strong reporting and analytics skills. Ability to compile performance data and develop actionable tasks and deliverables from data
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Consulting experience. Ability to identify improvement opportunities within our clients ticketing operations and recommend a plan of action to capture those improvement opportunities, including recommendation for new products and marketing programs
- Ability to conduct thorough needs analysis to identify the root problems and opportunities in order to develop long-term solutions, not just short-term fixes
- Understanding of and experience in the live entertainment industry, specifically ticketing technology, software and products
- Effective interaction with clients and colleagues across all levels of the organization in a professional, service-oriented way, demonstrating strong sales skills and the ability to clearly articulate the value of TicketWeb’s products and services
- Ability to inspire a high degree of confidence with the clients, within the team, and with senior leadership
- Strong presentation and sales skills. This includes presenting one-to-one, in front of a crowd, over the phone, via the web, and in email communications
- Ability to develop new and unique concepts, ideas, and solutions by conducting high-level brainstorming and idea generation sessions with team and with client partners
- Deliver results on time and ahead of goals by communicating effectively, organizing and juggling shifting priorities, solving problems and making decisions, and building solid project plans to execute
- Ability to successfully manage multiple ongoing assignments, unplanned assignments, and internal and external requests in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and to prioritize those assignments accordingly to exceed internal and external expectations
- Excellent customer service, communication, and consulting skills
- Experience with live event ticketing or real-time inventory management systems preferred
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Strong presentation skills
- Expert project manager
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Experience leading change in a complex matrix-oriented organization with strong emphasis on team development
- Strong competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 25%-50% travel required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.