Who we are.
We’re fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that’s pretty amazing. If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
See what it’s like working at Ticketmaster.
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for defining and delivering the Ticketmaster brand voice across all marketing platforms, including email, social, SEO, SEM, web, app and more. As an integral contributor to the creative brand marketing team, the ideal candidate will possess strong editorial and copywriting instincts and the operational savvy required to oversee all programs from development to execution. This person will possess a proven ability in shaping and delivering editorial voice, as well as leveraging these creative skills to meet or exceed specific KPIs. The Senior Copywriter must thrive in a fast-paced environment while skillfully navigating multiple stakeholders, initiatives and deadlines to drive success.
What the job is:
- Write copy for all Ticketmaster’s customer-facing marketing communications.
- Understand the positioning of each segment, genre and league in our business; become the subject matter expert for assigned product brands/categories and services.
- Own copywriting for marketing email, product, social media and more, all while adhering to an authentic brand voice.
- Work closely with product marketing and site merchants to develop creative strategy, positioning, testing copy and more.
- Write voice guides and build master copy docs to influence downstream channels; collaborate with other team writers, creatives, and marketers to ensure alignment.
- Consult with cross-functional design teams (online marketing, UX, etc.) and outside agencies to help ensure we articulate a clear and consistent brand voice.
- Proofread all final assets.
- Work with editorial team to create unique, entertaining content that performs on multiple platforms, including social channels and engages viewers/fans throughout the day.
- Meet and/or exceed established growth goals, including fan engagement and content consumption metrics.
- Work with freelance writers and content agencies on developing compelling content to support corporate initiatives and evergreen content opportunities.
- Work with marketing staff and management to oversee larger site initiatives such as editorial packages, analytics and audience strategy, schedules and calendar planning, and brand positioning.
- Provide a deep understanding of competitive landscape, trends and user needs, and translate that understanding into growing the digital audience.
- Analyze metrics that demonstrate improvement in content quality (unique, user frequency/duration) and implement revisions to plan to achieve group goals.
What a qualified candidate should possess:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an agency or in-house setting.
- Experience writing both short- and long-form copy across multiple online and offline marketing vehicles.
- Experience following brand guides and The Chicago Manual of Style.
- BA/BS preferred in marketing, communications or related creative field.
- Critical thinker and communicator who works well with cross-functional teams; can present copy best practices and defend messaging choices.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and affect customer perceptions and behavior with compelling stories.
- Can comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to adapt writing to various consumer audiences and product categories.
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple deliverables and meet aggressive deadlines.
- In-house creative experience in a leading role.
- Passion for live events, social media and general marketing trends.
- Strong editing and writing skills required; blog and Wordpress experience preferred.
- Confidence in puling analytics from various reporting sources including Google Analytics, Omniture and/or social tracking platforms.
- Strong competence in both Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Familiarity with Trello and/or other project management applications preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborator on a team.
- Graphic design experience a plus.